Moving towards the hope that was foretold.

Why do we not know the country whose citizens we are? because we have wandered so far away that we have forgotten it. But the Lord Christ, the king of the land, came down to us, and drove forgetfulness from our heart. God took to Himself our flesh so that He might be our way back.


Augustine.

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Excellence worth striving for.

"We are what we repeatedly do, Excellence is therefore not an act but a habit."  Aristotle

If we are what we repeatedly do, then I strive to repeat being a man of prayer; a person seeking to reflect the Christ within by the way I walk through the world; a man after God's own heart.  I seek to repeatably be useful and usable for the purposes I cannot always understand.

And, if in the end I am excellent by habit, let it be excellent before God and His glory, not of my own, lest I should boast.

No comments:

Post a Comment