Moving towards the hope that was foretold.

Why do we not know the country whose citizens we are? because we have wandered so far away that we have forgotten it. But the Lord Christ, the king of the land, came down to us, and drove forgetfulness from our heart. God took to Himself our flesh so that He might be our way back.


Augustine.

Friday, April 23, 2010

So dawns a new blog.

Lately I have felt a need to express feelings and thoughts that do not really fit in my other blog(s), those being more cycling related or what have you.  Citizen of Heaven blog is not a boast or a brag, rather a place to begin from and a direction of movement; a line in the sand; a compass point where North is relative to a hope of heaven, a citizenship not of this earth.

And with that, I move forward for the time I have in this place, much like Reepicheep as quoted above and here below, with my nose pointed to the horizon.

"While I can, I sail east in the Dawn Treader. When she fails me, I paddle east in my coracle. When she sinks, I shall swim east with my four paws. And when I can swim no longer, if I have not reached Aslan's country, or shot over the edge of the world in some vast cataract, I shall sink with my nose to the sunrise..."

No comments:

Post a Comment